Wednesday 10 December 2014

Black Country ? where's that ?

Yow Dow Talk Propa.....

I live in an area that just borders the 'Black Country'.  ''Where'' I hear you say...
Its kind of in central England...no one really knows where it is....but on a map , if you find Cradley, Blackheath, Dudley, Bilston you will be kind of in the right area!!!!  ( may be ) ( a lot of folk will say thats not a true image of the Black Country....but hey who knows)

An area renown for industry, glassmaking, mining, canals to name but a few.....and even has its own castle....in which i've spent many a happy day with my family

                    
One things for sure they talk very odd....ive lived round her all my life, i understand it, but dont talk it...
One of the local ladies wrote this.....have a go.....

Doreen went on (poetically)...
I hope yow've enjoyed the alphabet rhyme,
Yow better 'ad done, it took a long time.
About our spakin' they say it sounds queer,
We cor help the way we say it raand ere.
If yow cud 'elp me wi' sum werds that am new,
Ar maaght just rite the alphabet t'you.
If yow cor, dow get in a tizzy,
I know sum on yow folk am sometimes quite bizzy,
Cuz eny rode up, if yow elp me or not,
I'll get on wi' me writin and say thatz ya lot.
Naar that yav errd me aphabet rhyme,
I'd like to thank ya for tekkin the time,
Cuz it aye very aisy this poetry writin,
I 'ope that sum on ya find it excitin.
I'm glad that yo've erred it, but I dow know abaat yow,
Arr think arm' quite cleva, az me poem ull show.
Rememba last time when yow saw us last,
Ya know, me, them, un the rest of us cast,
We asked ya to find sum werds that wuz new
So arr cud write me poem part two.
Arr bet yo've forgot, un I asked ya sa nice,
It looks as if arr shud av asked twice.
It's a good job I'm plassid and dow tek afence
But to ask yow poor lot, shud av ad moor sense.
Now if yarall nice and comfy, settled un that,
I'll start recitation or else ate me 'at,
Naa cum on, be quiet, tek in and yow lern,
Yow dow know it yet, but ar'm the star tern.
more to follow tomorrow........

No comments:

Post a Comment