Sunday 20 August 2017

All good things come to those who are patient

My cousin and I have now been at our new gym for about 6 weeks.
And we are really impressed....all be it there has been a few mishaps
( but that is with injuries ..not the establishment )
I think its fair to say that as 2 older ladies ( one in her 50's and one in her 60's... and I'm not prepared to spill the beans about who fits into which Category!!!   because she'll kill me !!! πŸ™Š )
we are in quite a hurry to crack on and try all the different classes and be the best we can....
and we are both probably being a little ambitious...and we want results yesterday..
and to rush anything is probably not good but..to rush to be fit is going to have problems!!
specifically INJURIES!!
thankfully the injuries sustained by us are pretty minor..and more inconvenient than anything else...
(I hurt my back...which I can not say for certain was during my classes, then i hurt my shoulder, which I admit was being too ambitious in the classes...It happened whilst trying to do 'Wild thing')
Image result for wild thing yoga pose cartoon(my cousin ..who will admit, although very fit/active, is not a regular at the gym until now...also injured her shouder whilst...would you believe doing 'wild thing'......)
It is ..i think an advanced move...combining twist and balance and strength....and like all asana's should be worked to ones own limits..and of course there are variations for beginners.... (definitely a note to us I think !!)
For me ..it just meant that I had to take things easy..and yes I still went to the gym..yes silly I know 
But for my cousin it has meant she has had to have a fortnight off too date...this has led to her being very frustrated and feels that all her hard work in the early days has been wasted.
But its not the end of the world and hopefully once she has rested it fully she can come back and do some more gentle poses....
still managing to work our arm ( to lift our coffee cups....ok ok and our wine glasses πŸ˜‰ ) and our facial muscles ( smiles/laughs and chatsπŸ˜‰) so not all bad news
Moral too this story...
All good things come to those who wait....And who do things gradually πŸ˜‰       Namaste
Image result for all good things come to those who wait


No comments:

Post a Comment