Thursday 10 August 2017

Blood pressure...high...u must b high!!!

Symptoms of very high blood pressure

If your blood pressure is extremely high, there may be certain symptoms to look out for including:
Tick box...
Image result for high blood  cartoon freeSevere headache.....at certain times of the month I do have very bad headaches...
Fatigue...of course ..sometimes.. ( but then again I get up between 5 and 6 am...go to the gym..shop etc
so yes...about 3pm I could do with a nap..but never do..and am still going at 10pm most evenings )
Vision problems.... I guess you could say yes....I've worn contact lenses for 30 years!!😁
Chest pain... NO...
Difficulty breathing... NO
Irregular heartbeat... NO  ( i dont think )
Blood in the urine... NO
Pounding in chest, neck, ears...occasionally have palpitations   

So when I was told I couldnt go into the gym because my blood pressure was high...you could of knocked me over with a feather...literally...
'U need to see the Dr first'
I thought she was having a laugh... ( and yes I know its no laughing matter....I completely sympathise with anyone who suffers from it...family members have...so I am familiar with it )
But I was shell shocked...I class myself as being very healthy and never really seen myself as having health problems ( thank The Lord )
So over the last couple of days I have approached anyone who was able  and asked them to take my B/P
i.e. drs. pharmacy.
'I just need a letter to show to the gym so as they can see I have not got a problem with my B/P'
I told them
Each one one showed high blood pressure!!!!  How can that be?
And yes the more I asked them to take it again...the more it went up!!!!
So now I have to be monitored for 24 hrs to get an average!!!!
God only knows what that is gonna flag up!!

 To control/prevent high B/P 
  • Keep your weight at a healthy level: you can achieve this by a combination of healthy eating and regular exercise.
  • Eat a healthy diet: this includes eating only the amount of food your body needs and choosing foods high in nutrients and low in fat, sugar and salt.
  • Limit how much salt you eat: just avoiding adding salt to your meal plate or when cooking, and limiting how much processed foods you consume, can make a huge difference.
  • Limit how much alcohol you drink.
  • Don’t smoke tobacco: and minimise your exposure to secondhand smoke(passive smoking).
  • Get regular exercise: try to get at least 30 minutes of activity each day. Exercise relieves stress and helps you control your weight.
  • Don’t let stress build up: the chemicals your body makes in response to stress make your heart beat harder and faster and your blood vessels tighten. All this makes blood pressure higher.
Moral of the story   
Image result for eat a healthy diet cartoon freeJust because... I eat a healthy diet..dont smoke...not overweight...exercise regularly...do yoga...does not mean that I am healthy....and that I am NOT going to get high B/P
( but be assured I will continue to do my best to be healhy 😉😜 and that will even include a glass of the red stuff occasionally )

. GO FIGURE



No comments:

Post a Comment