Thursday 5 October 2017

yoga journal..how do I feel

So its been awhile since I did my yoga class ( holidays )

initially after class, felt really achy..tough class, lots of long sequences...
really aware of fingers/wrists/forearms/shoulders
leg muscles/ butt definitely feeling worked
lot of shaking in class today.... trying to focus and not come out of the pose..dont let it beat me..dig in
plough was almost a welcome relief!!!
as was the medi  session

morning after, definitely remember my class
shoulders quite achy, wrists a little stiff but surprisingly not too bad
first full standing stretch of the day bought it all back....
breathing in and stretching up allowed me to stretch through stiff shoulders/forearms..down through to ack and rib cage...down through lower back/glutes/ quads/knees/caaalves
first stretch of the day feels amazing... allowing mysef a baby back bend....delicious
inhaling and strtching up and over into side bends...feeling the effects of yoga class yesterday and also feeling the strength in my abs oblique muscles as they engage to bring my torso back to an upright position...and into a baby back bend stretching the ab muscles
standing side stretch is one of my favourite stretches...allowing me to stretch away all the toils of yesterday...
a few gentle neck twists also feel good, followed by shoulder rotations
moving on to standing forward folds feeling the stretch throught he backs of my legs/glutes and down to my calf muscles...taking it gently through the 1st few folds
moving onto a few standing wists...loosening up my waiste/back....feels fab
( feeling a little bit, like I did, when I first started doing yoga.... really feel like i worked hard in my class yesterday... that litle break from yoga/exercise worked wonders) feeling strong and energised...
bring on the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment