Tuesday 5 September 2017

journal Sun salutation

Up nice and early..and I use the term NICE loosely!
Been doing more classes than usual and really pushing myself and felt very tired when I woke at about 5.45 a.m. to get my son off to work😫
By 5,45 I would of had approximately 6 hours sleep and ordinarily that would be more than enough for me.
But this is not ordinary!!
for the last month I have been doing 6 classes a week ( 1 per day ) which means I have doubled the classes...( usually doing just 3 a week )
These consisted of yoga and body balance, as well as my Yoga at home.
So after dragging myself out of bed feeling, to be honest, quite sore  I had my 1st glass of water and took a few slow deep breaths ..in through the nose and out through the nose ...filling my lungs with oxgen and getting rid of the carbon dioxide....I like to really exhale deeply and as fully as possible...pulling the abdominal muscles in ....an action that I liken to ringing out washing!! πŸ˜‰
Image result for sun salutationsthis always puts me in the right frame of mind to start my 1st asana of the day
Today its Sun Salutations.....so here goes
I love this ..it stretches the whole body....and again gives the opportunity to fill my lungs with oxygen...
I  ease myself into each asana...I like to work to my maximum and over the last few years I have noticed that it has really paid off....( I am getting deeper into the asana) still loads of room for improvement...
(Only work to your own limitations...its your practise )
I try to keep a fluid movement ..gracefully moving through the moves ...breathing slowly and gently... feeling the energy spread through the body.
Sun salutation leaves me feeling strong and helps gets rid of the stiffness that has built up due to extra exercise
I do 2/3 rounds today as I have a class later on.
Although I feel tired initially..( I expect this to subside once my body gets used to the extra work load)   I still have loads of energy to take me through the day....and I feel stronger and leaner and more healthy...actually I feel full of sun salutation πŸ˜‰
A fantastic way to start the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment